Grifols allocates EUR 213 million to dividends and maintains pay-out at 40% of consolidated net profit
- The company holds its Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders at second call, with 81.96% of its share capital represented
- The shareholders endorse the management team and ratify all the items on the agenda
- The second dividend payment of EUR 0.13 gross per share will become effective from 7 June 2016
- The shareholders approve the re-election of the directors and the appointment of Víctor Grífols Deu as a member of the Board of Directors
Barcelona, 27 May 2016.- Grifols (MCE: GRF, MCE: GRF.P and NASDAQ: GRFS), the world's third-largest producer of plasma-derived medicines and a pioneer in the research and development of therapeutic alternatives that contribute to scientific and social development, today held its Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders at second call. The meeting was attended by representatives of 662 shareholders, holding 349,283,451 Class A shares representing 81.96% of the company's voting shares. The votes delegated to the Board of Directors represented 53.27% of the share capital, confirming the support of shareholders for the current management of the group and its business plan.
In 2015, Grifols achieved its strategic objectives focused primarily on the consolidation of the organic growth of the Bioscience Division, which for the first time achieved revenues of more than EUR 3,000 million. It also made progress in the expansion of its industrial and plasma supply capacities and the achievement of greater manufacturing efficiencies. Further achievements were made in the development of its geographic expansion, the strengthening of its financial position, the acceleration of various R&D projects, and the redefinition and evaluation of its R&D&I.
Key agenda items ratified by the shareholders include:
- Approval of the annual accounts, both individual and consolidated, and reappointment of the auditors.
- The re-election of Luis Isasi Fernández de Bobadilla, Steven F. Mayer and Thomas Glanzmann as directors and the appointment of Víctor Grífols Deu as a member of the Board of Directors. As a result, the number of members of the Board of Directors rose from 12 to 13 compared with the previous year.
- The renewal, for a period of five years, of the delegation of powers to the Board of Directors for a possible capital increase of up to 50%.
Grifols 2006-2016: 10 years as a listed company
A special mention was made at the meeting of the 10th anniversary of Grifols as a listed company. On 17 May 2006, trading started at a price of EUR 4.40 per share and closed its first trading day with a 15.7% rise to EUR 5.09 per share.
The transaction was based on an Initial Public Offering (IPO) of 71,000,000 newly issued ordinary shares representing 49.97% of Grifols' share capital at the time.
Grifols has grown substantially over its 10 years as a listed company:
* All figures at 2005 and 2015 year end respectively except market capitalization and share price. Class A share price at start of trading on May 17, 2006 and at close of market on May 16, 2016. For comparison purposes the share split 2x1 effective January 4, 2016, has not been taken into account.
** Class A closed on 16 May 2016 at EUR 18.225. For comparison purposes, the share price on 16 May 2016 without taking account of the split, would be EUR 36.450.
Some of the most notable milestones in Grifols' development over the last decade are:
- 2006: FDA approval of the immunoglobulin (IVIG) plant in Parets del Vallès (Barcelona, Spain) and start of trading in the Spanish Stock Exchange
- 2008: Inclusion in the IBEX-35 index of the Spanish Stock Exchange
- 2009: Opening of the Grifols Academy of Plasmapheresis® for employee training
- 2011: Acquisition of Talecris Biotherapeutics
- 2011: Issuance of Class B shares on the Spanish Stock Exchange (Mercado Continuo) and initial NASDAQ listing (Class B shares) via ADRs
- 2012: Completion of the Talecris integration. Grifols starts a new phase, leading as the third global largest producer of plasma derived medicines
- 2014: Acquisition of Novartis' transfusion diagnostics assets
- 2016: 2x1 stock split effective from 4 January 2016. The total value of Grifols' share capital did not change. The share capital is represented by 426,129,798 ordinary shares (Class A) with a par value of EUR 0.25 per share and 261,425,110 non-voting shares (Class B) with a par value of EUR 0.05 per share.
The efforts made towards obtaining licenses and regarding innovation were highlighted during the Shareholders Meeting to illustrate the groups' effort in the past year. Highlights, among others, during the period were:
- 920 medical registries requested
- 317 approvals obtained in the Bioscience Division
- 502 approvals obtained in the Diagnostic Division
- 12 approvals in the Hospital Division
- 277 patents obtained
Grifols will distribute around 40% of the group's net profit to its shareholders
Grifols' shareholders approved the payment of a gross dividend of EUR 0.13 per share against the 2015 profits, payable from 7 June 2016 through Iberclear and its participating entities, with BBVA acting as payment agent.
This final ordinary dividend, together with the interim gross dividend of EUR 0.175 per share paid in December 2015 (EUR 0.35 pre-split), gives a total of EUR 212.9 million allocated to dividends for 2015. This total includes the preferred dividend of EUR 0.01 gross associated with each Class B share.
The company sets the pay-out at 40% of the group's consolidated net profit, thus keeping its promise to maintain the highest possible remuneration for its shareholders.
Grifols allocates EUR 213 million to dividends and maintains pay-out at 40% of consolidated net profit Download (222.12 Kb)